Assistant Community Manager at Cardinal Pointe
NRP Investments, LLC, founded in 1994, is a full-service developer, general contractor, and property manager of multifamily, senior, and student housing throughout the United States. From start to finish, every development NRP Group works on is carefully contemplated and executed to maximize investment return cost efficiency, productivity and satisfaction. NRP Investments, LLC is recognized as a three-time recipient of the National Association of Builders Multifamily Development Firm of the Year and has been consistently ranked one of the Top 25 Developers by Multifamily Executive. Currently, NRP Investments, LLC has assets and operations in Ohio, Texas, North Carolina, Virginia, Florida, Michigan, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Massachusetts. Visit www.NRPGroup.com for more information.
The NRP Group is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
NRP INVESTMENTS, LLC is currently seeking a LIHTC Community Assistant at Cardinal Pointe.
Under the direction of the Community Manager, the Community Assistant is responsible for ensuring excellent customer service in the daily management of the community, coordinating of all aspects of property operations, and working in the capacity of the Community Manager in his or her absence. The Community Assistant role has a strong emphasis on managing administrative aspects of the community while working to establish a quality living environment for residents.
Essential Functions Statement(s):
- Maximize cash flow at the property by maximizing revenue, minimizing delinquencies, ensuring timely rent collection, monitoring banking activities and daily deposits, and contacting residents to collect overdue rent
- Ensure all Yardi data is correct by monitoring input and report functions, accuracy and timely preparation of leasing activities, A/R cash receipts, A/P invoices, statements of disposition, monthly closing procedures, and late fees
- Assist Community Manager in meeting targeted revenue goals by exceeding occupancy budgets, creating market incentives, improving resident retention, and monitoring property’s financial performance
- Complete re-certifications as required by The NRP Group policies and procedures at tax credit communities.
- Maintain and organize all resident files
- Responsible for maintaining accurate payroll reporting including e-time editing and bonus preparation
- Support the leasing team by leasing apartments, responding to telephone inquiries, qualifying applicants, show apartments, ensuring all move-in paperwork is accurately prepared
- Manage renewals and active leases, tracking expirations, preparing expiration letters and drafting renewal leases
- Maintain on-going, in-depth knowledge of associated market to give a competitive edge, perform monthly market studies and physically shop competition bi-monthly
- Assist in monitoring compliance with Fair Housing regulations, Tax Compliance regulations, and other laws as they relate to property specific guidelines in occupancy standards
- Review and analyze weekly traffic reports and numbers, assist with weekly marketing meetings
- Monitor direction of rental activity and all onsite sales, marketing outreach, and advertising plans
- Assists in planning and preparation of resident events
- Complete a daily inspection of the property and market-ready units
- Assist with the monitoring and directing of service operations to ensure service requests are completed within 24 hours and curb appeal standards are met
- Provide excellent customer service and display courteous and professional attitude toward all customers
- Maintain availability or coverage for emergencies, on-call duties, resident functions, and weekends
- Advise Community Manger of conditions of the community affecting the resident’s safety, dissatisfaction, and to preserve the asset
- Available for emergencies, on-call duties, resident functions, community affiliated functions and weekends
Assist Community Manager in recruiting and selecting team members, understanding and adhering to the hiring policies, procedures, and core values
- Assist Community Manager in evaluating and supervising team members
- Perform other duties as required
*$1,000 Sign on Bonus Available* OR *$2,000 Relocation Reimbursement Available*
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High school diploma or equivalent, college preferred, Tax Credit Specialist (TCS) accreditation or any other LIHTC designations preferred
Experience: One-year property management experience or 4-year degree in a related field; working knowledge of applicable Landlord Tenant Laws, Fair Housing Regulations, IRS Section 42 - LIHTC Program and other laws as they relate to property specific guidelines and occupancy standards
Technical Skills: Proficient computer skills including the Microsoft Office Suite, Yardi Experience preferred
Other Requirements: Valid Driver’s License