Maintenance Technician-Barclay Place
The Maintenance/Service Technician reports directly to the Maintenance Superintendent and is responsible for performing make-ready repairs to all vacant units prior to move-in.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform repairs to make-ready units in a timely manner.
- Is responsible for 24 hour on-call, as scheduled by the Maintenance Superintendent, respond to on-call paging.
- Assist the Maintenance Superintendent or Housekeeper with their work if necessary.
- Assist the Grounds personnel with trashing out units if necessary.
- Assist the Maintenance Superintendent with inventory control and utilization of maintenance materials and supplies.
- Inspect property for improvements and repairs and review with the Maintenance Superintendent.
- Perform work order requests if necessary.
- Assist the Maintenance Superintendent with maintenance requests.
- Ensure that the grounds are free of litter at all times.
- Operate and perform scheduled maintenance properly on all equipment.
- Know the location of gas and water meter emergency cut offs, all apartment and fixture cut offs, and sewer clean outs.
- Paint interior and exterior when required.
- Maintain a professional appearance in uniform and display a good attitude at all times.
- Be aware of personal hygiene and cleanliness while on the job.
- Understand the importance of a good attitude and “team spirit”. Work well with other staff members.
- Be cooperative in helping at another site when needed and be flexible to transfer to another property if needed.
- Assist the Property Manager or other staff members when requested.
- Perform work orders with “same day completion” in mind.
- Review work orders with Maintenance Superintendent on a daily basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Property Manager or Maintenance Superintendent.
- Responsible for adherence to policies outline outlined in Employee Handbook.
- Responsible for keeping the Maintenance shop clean and in order at all times.
- Be immediately available in the event of snow.
- Follow the Maintenance General Operating Policies.
- After-hours on call required on a rotating basis.
- Must have reliable transportation
- HVAC skills - CFC certification preferred
- CPO certification preferred
- Plumbing, electrical, carpentry skills
- Knowledge of SDS and OSHA
- 608 Refrigerant Certification preferred, but not requires. Will train if necessary.
Position offers outstanding growth potential, paid sick leave, vacation & holidays, full benefits and 401K participation. Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free Workplace.