- Evictions -- Commons Issues and How to Win Your Cases. During this 2-hour session, Will quickly takes on the following topics:
- The NC Eviction process, A through Z.
- A review of common legal issues in NC evictions, including resident defenses.
- Learning how you can lose your eviction case before ever filing your case or submitting it to an attorney -- but learn how to avoid those legal minefields as well.
- How to prepare your case, before and after court, whether represented by an attorney or not to maximize your chances of success.
- Review of recent impacts on your rights to evict, including the now-infamous CDC Order and the CARES Act, with particular emphasis on CARES Act provisions that will impact many NC landlords long after December 31, 2020.
- As always, all the legal questions we can fit into two hours.