Maintenance Groundskeeper-Forest Hills
$500 Sign-on Bonus
Select any that apply:
A) Waldo could never escape your all-seeing eye.
B) You choose not to go to the gym because you exercise enough at work, and why pay for something that you get paid to do?
C) You picture yourself as a superhero anytime you strap on a leaf blower or pull the trigger of a pressure washer.
D) Working outside was always more appealing than being cooped up in a cubicle.
E) All of the Above.
If you selected any or all of the above, you should be working at Blue Ridge Companies as a Groundskeeper.
We're Good At:
- Providing opportunities for you to enhance your career through engaging educational classes.
- Rewarding you with up to 25% of your annual salary in bonuses each year.
- Benefits: we've got quite a few; 401k, health insurance, life insurance, the list goes on...
- Providing you with the opportunity to give back to the community through philanthropic initiatives, such as Toys for Tots, food drives and more.
What You'll Do:
- Walk the community daily and remove litter and debris from the grounds.
- Remove trash daily from trash receptacles located in and around the pool, pet walk stations, interior and exterior amenities.
- Check and replace exterior lighting on a scheduled and as-needed basis.
- Performing various physical tasks, such as tearing down fences, digging post-holes, carrying furniture, etc.. (Who needs a gym anyway?).
- Complete minor and routine plumbing, electrical, appliance and HVAC repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Thoroughly clean all breezeways to include cleaning light fixtures, removing cobwebs and debris, wiping down stair risers. Periodically power wash the inside breezeway walls.
- Perform “trash-out” duties at vacated apartments. Remove all abandoned furniture, trash and boxes.
- Power wash sidewalks and building exteriors when needed.
Experience and Skills
Blue Ridge Companies requires you to have a valid driver's license to drive the golf cart.
You're Good At:
- Ensuring quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Supporting and maintaining a positive attitude.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Learning something new - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Customer service - Managing difficult or emotional customer situations; Responding promptly to customer needs; Responding to requests for service and assistance.
- Teamwork - Giving and welcoming feedback; Contributing to building a positive team spirit; Putting success of team above own interests.
- Dependability - Keeping commitments; Committing to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completing tasks on time or notifying the appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Working well under pressure.