Maintenance Supervisor- Avalon Apartments
$1500 Sign-on Bonus
Select any or all that apply:
- A) Your hearing is so fine-tuned that you can detect a bad A/C compressor from three buildings away.
- B) The phrase "I know how to top a unit off" makes you cringe.
- C) You can't count on your hands the number of times you tricked someone into thinking you've been shocked.
- D) Bob Ross and his "happy little trees" can't compete with your ability to remain calm.
- E) All of the above.
If you selected any or all of the above, you should be a Service Manager with Blue Ridge Companies.
We're Good At:
- Providing opportunities for you to enhance your career through engaging educational classes.
- Rewarding you with up to 25% of your annual salary in bonuses each year.
- Benefits: we've got quite a few; 401k, health insurance, life insurance, the list goes on...
- Providing you with the opportunity to give back to the community through philanthropic initiatives, such as Toys for Tots, food drives and more.
What You'll Do:
- The Maintenance Supervisor will create, monitor and evaluate a high performance customer service program.
- Develop and monitor a systematic preventive maintenance program for the property. Document in Preventive Maintenance Notebook per BRPM guidelines.
- Maintain an inventory control sheet and preventive maintenance schedule/log of all equipment.
- Be responsible for inventory control of all parts, ensuring an adequate inventory to consistently maintain the property’s asset and standards.
- Maintain equipment records and be familiar with all equipment warranties.
- Manage the maintenance of the property with a cost effective approach to meet or exceed financial goals.
- Schedule and coordinate apartment turns with staff and vendors. Ensure all turns are completed in time for move-in.
- Monitor all maintenance “actual versus budget” expenses on a monthly basis and adjust spending were necessary in order to assure that budgeted goals are met or exceeded.
- Assist in writing or obtaining specifications and scopes of work for all large or capital expense projects
Experience and Skills
The EPA license is required– Type I and Type II, prior to being hired.
A current Certified Pool Operator (CPO) certification is preferred and required within 30 days of hire.
You're Good At:
- Customer service - The Maintenance Supervisor will manage difficult or emotional customer situations; Responding promptly to customer needs; Responding to requests for service and assistance.
- Teamwork - Giving and welcoming feedback; Contributing to building a positive team spirit; Putting success of team above own interests;
- Dependability - Keeping commitments; Committing to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completing tasks on time or notifying the appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Providing the maintenance team with technical training and assistance when needed.
- Scheduling and overseeing the daily work for the maintenance of pools, grounds, service requests, make-readies, move-ins and projects.
- Interviewing, hiring and training all maintenance service team associates
- Monitoring all contractors to ensure that contracted services are timely and of high quality.
- Yep, Blue Ridge Companies requires you to have a valid driver's license to drive the golf cart.
- Looking comfortable while working with electricity.
- Finding creative solutions for complex technical problems.
- Obtaining bids on all capital projects according to the scope of work.
- Developing and monitoring a systematic preventative maintenance program.
Are you ready to join the Blue Ridge family? Apply now!