Maintenance Supervisor at Bellingham Park
Select any or all that apply:
- A) Your hearing is so fine-tuned that you can detect a bad A/C compressor from three buildings away.
- B) The phrase "I know how to top a unit off" makes you cringe.
- C) You can't count on your hands the number of times you tricked someone into thinking you've been shocked.
- D) Bob Ross and his "happy little trees" can't compete with your ability to remain calm.
- E) All of the above.
If you selected any or all of the above, you should be a Maintenance Manager with Blue Ridge Companies.
What You'll Do:
- Create, monitor and evaluate a high performance customer service program.
- Respond to resident service requests.
- Perform plumbing repairs including toilet, bathtubs, sinks, drains, faucets, and water lines.
- Perform repairs to electrical systems, including wiring, fixtures, and breakers.
- Perform structural repairs to floors, staircases, cabinets, walls, ceilings, windows, and doors.
- Perform repairs to appliances.
- Perform repairs to heating, ventilation, and air conditioning units.
- Manage the maintenance of the property with a cost effective approach to meet or exceed financial goals.
- Obtain bids for capital expense projects and ensure completion.
- Schedule and coordinate apartment turns with staff and vendors. Ensure all turns are completed in time for move-in.
- Order and maintain the maintenance shop inventory.
We're Good At:
- Providing opportunities for you to enhance your career through engaging educational classes.
- Rewarding you with up to 25% of your annual salary in bonuses each year.
- Benefits: we've got quite a few; 401k, health insurance, life insurance, the list goes on...
- Providing you with the opportunity to give back to the community through philanthropic initiatives, such as Toys for Tots, food drives and more.
Experience and Skills
The national Certified Pool Operator (CPO) certification as well as CFC Certification are required– Type I and Type II, prior to being hired.
You're Good At:
- Customer service - Managing difficult or emotional customer situations; Responding promptly to customer needs; Responding to requests for service and assistance.
- Teamwork - Giving and welcoming feedback; Contributing to building a positive team spirit; Putting success of team above own interests;
- Dependability - Keeping commitments; Committing to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completing tasks on time or notifying the appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Providing the service team with technical training and assistance when needed.
- Scheduling and overseeing the daily work for the maintenance of pools, grounds, service requests, make-readies, move-ins and projects.
- Repairing and maintaining all on-site HVAC equipment and appliances.
- Interviewing, hiring and training all maintenance service team associates
- Monitoring all contractors to ensure that contracted services are timely and of high quality.
- Driving. Yep, Blue Ridge Companies requires you to have a valid driver's license to drive the golf cart.
You Might Also Be Good At:
- Looking very comfortable while working with electricity.
- Finding creative solutions for complex technical problems.
- Monitoring and adjusting all maintenance 'actual vs budget' expenses on a monthly basis.
- Obtaining bids on all capital projects according to the scope of work.
- Developing and monitoring a systematic preventative maintenance program.